Before proceeding to transfer content between computer systems, please go over the system requirements for each PC:
• CPU: Same as required by the operating system.
• RAM: Same as the minimum required by the operating system.
• Available hard disk space: 200 MB.
• Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
PCmover does not support full server restorations, such as is found on Windows Server 2003 and Server 2008. It will execute on these operating systems and can be used to restore accounts and applications. However, it will not properly restore any of the systems services and settings such as the Domain Name Service or Terminal Licensing.
Note for XP users (old PC only): PCmover is compatible with XP on the old PC only. For example, you may use PCmover to migrate from a Windows XP PC to a PC with a newer operating system such as Windows 10. PCmover cannot be used to migrate from an XP PC to an XP PC. See additional instructions on page 7 if transferring from an old PC with Windows XP.
• The operating system on the new PC must be the same as or newer than the operating system on the old PC.
• All Windows Important Updates must be applied to the NEW PC. To open Windows Update:
• Windows 10: From Windows Search (‘Search the Web and Windows), type ‘Windows Update’ and Enter. Click Check for Update.
• Windows 8: Press the Windows key + X. In the menu that appears, click Control Panel. Then, click System and Security and click Windows Update. In the left pane, click Check for updates and choose to install all Important Updates.
• Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update. In the left pane, click Check for updates and choose to install all Important Updates.
• Do not plug in the Laplink USB cable or Laplink Ethernet cable until directed to do so later in this user guide.
IMPORTANT: When you purchase PCmover Professional, you are purchasing a license that limits you to transfer the contents from one (1) old PC to one (1) new PC. For complete details, refer to the End User License Agreement (EULA).