Restore drivers from a system restore point
Driver Genius creates a system restore point by default before updating drivers. That allows you to restore your drivers to a previous state. That is applicable in cases where you forgot to back your drivers up, before initiating an update.
To restore your system, please follow these suggestions:
1. Click on the 'Restore Drivers' icon.
2. Select a suitable system restore point from the list and proceed by pressing “Next”.
Restore drivers from backup drivers
If you have a backup, there is no need to install drivers individually, after a Windows install, for example. Just one click is all you need to install all your backup drivers automatically.
Here is how you can restore your drivers:
1. Mark “Restore drivers from a previous backup”.
2. Select the record you would like to use from the list, proceed with “Next”.
3. You can use a specific backup file as a source as well.
Mark “Browse my computer for backup drivers” and choose your source type.
If you are using a “Default” backup type, please select the “Folder” option.
If you are using a .zip file or a self-extracting file, use the “File” option.
4. Proceed with “Browse”, select the location of your backup file and click “Next”.
5. Kindly notice that the backup files and their details are now in the list.
Select the driver you want to restore and proceed by clicking “Next”.
NOTE: We recommend you close all programs before restoring your drivers, to avoid possible conflicts between applications. Please accept the prompt to restart your system after the process is complete. All your drivers can now be fully integrated into your system and will function as intended.
Restore with the Auto-Installer
When using the auto-installer, you need to do is launch the .exe file and select the drivers from the list. Click on “Start Restore” to proceed.
NOTE: You can perform an unattended installation using the command line mode, have a look at the FAQ HERE.
The Auto-Installer allows you the opportunity to install drivers on multiple computers using the same configuration. That is a special Driver Genius time-saver.
Usage: DriverBackup.exe /S/R
/S - Silent mode, restore all drivers in silent mode automatically. (No prompt with a dialogue box)
/R – Reboot the computer after the installation.