Switching from Subscription to Permanent requires resetting the original license, then uninstalling and re-installing with the new serial number.
TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2017 now offers a command-line switch to reset a (non-Trial) license to an uninitialized state. Once this has been done, the user can then uninstall their TurboCAD Subscription and re-install with a new serial number to activate the new Permanent license.
- Right-click on the TurboCAD program icon and choose Copy.
- Paste the copy onto the desktop (if using the context menu, be sure to use Paste, and not Paste Shortcut).
- Rename the copied icon as 'TurboCAD Reset'.
- Right-click on the TurboCAD Reset icon and choose 'Properties.
- In the 'Shortcut' tab, place the cursor at the end of the 'Target' field and add a space, then the word 'StatusClear'.
- Click Apply. Right-click on the TurboCAD Reset icon and choose 'Run as Administrator'. You should see a message similar to this one:
- Now you can uninstall TurboCAD and re-install with your new serial number.
Note: Trial licenses cannot be reset in this manner. If you try this procedure on a Trial license of TurboCAD, the program will simply start in Trial mode as usual.
Then click on copy and follow the same instructions mentioned above.
Note: If you receive an error 1793 please ignore it (click through) and then proceed to uninstall – reboot/Restart – reinstall.