Startup Commander allows you the choice which programs, services and drivers to load automatically with the start of your computer. Offering you the option of reducing start and shutdown times, as well as improve the overall computer performance.
Please follow these steps to edit the Startup Commander settings:
1. Click Startup Commander displayed on the "Optimise" tab.
2. Open "Edit" and select "Options", or proceed by clicking the "Options" button.
3. Select a search engine from the "Search" list.
4. Change the file name display length by removing the tick from the "Show long file name" checkbox. Long file names appear by default. You may opt to display files with 8.3 - character file names.
5. You need to clear the "Skip information notice after" checkbox to receive a confirmation message after applying changes.
6. Select "Expert mode" if you would like to disable drivers and services - "Allow drivers and services to be disabled".
WARNING: DISABLING DRIVERS OR SERVICES CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER.
7. To disable the confirmation message after disabling a driver or service, mark the "Skip recommended warning when item changed to disabled" checkbox.
8. To restore the default Startup Commander settings, click Defaults.