The DXF / DWG files are CAD (Computer-Aided Design) program drawings.
Note that there are different types of CAD files; however, Architect 3D (R) only recognises 2D DXF / DWG floor plans.
Before you import a plan, it is crucial to prepare (clean) the file.
Various CAD programs on the web can help accomplish that task.
Please follow these steps, after you install the CAD program of choice:
- Create a separate file for each level of your project: a file for the first floor, one for the second, etc.).
- Delete all the unnecessary elements (text, furniture, hatches, etc.).
- “Explode” all the blocks and linked elements.
- Set all elements in one layer.
NOTE: The program will not import layers.
- “Purge” or “Clean” the file.
- Save your file as DWG/DXF.
We recommend using DWG - Version 2000.
NOTE: Import your plan by bypassing the “Quick Start screen”:
Continue -> File -> Import -> DXF / DWG File.
IMPORTANT: Import the plan in the same unit system used to develop the CAD plan.
Use one of the dimensions tools to confirm if the plan is in the correct scale.
It is crucial to select each element of your plan and click “Convert to”, that will allow you to convert the lines into Intelligent Objects like Walls, Decks, etc.
NOTE: Certain elements like doors, windows, furniture need to be inserted separately.
To make the conversion try selecting a line in the centre of the element.
As you convert the lines and shapes, set and verify the elevation of the different elements.