Please start by checking if Windows updates are pending and waiting to be installed. Proceed with the installation and restart your computer afterward.
Follow these steps to replace the dynamic library file of the software that will remedy the situation:
1. Start by shutting down your Fix-It Utilities (System Suite). You will locate the software in the lower right corner. Click on the system tray and select "Shut down".
If the software icon is missing, that you may proceed with step 2.
2. Please replace the "StartupCommanderEngine.dll" with this one here
- The default location on 32-bit system type is C:\Program Files\Avanquest\Fix-It Utilities\
(For System Suite - C:\Program Files\Avanquest\SystemSuite\)
- On 64-bit system - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avanquest\
An alternative approach is to rename the original "StartupCommanderEngine.dll" to "StartupCommanderEngineOLD.dll" then paste the new one you've downloaded.
Note: The Dynamic library file may cause conventional web browsers to report it as dangerous.
Please allow the file to pass through. You need to replace the corrupted file.
Press Ctrl+J to open your Downloads History and keep the file.
Hint: In case Windows is telling that the "StartupCommanderEngine.dll" file can't be renamed because it's being used, please start the Windows Task Manager, press "M" to locate the process called "MXTask Background Service", click with the right mouse button and select "End Task".
That sequence will allow you to rename and replace the "StartupCommanderEngine.dll" file.
3. Restart the computer to apply all changes.