When the program is starting the following error message appears: "Internal program data are corrupted. Please reinstall the program or contact your system administrator. Error code: 258"
The situation could appear because of the installation of operating system updates, CCleaner, or antivirus software.
If CCleaner software is installed on your computer, follow the steps described in the article.
If CCleaner software is not installed, please follow the steps below:
- Disable the antivirus software installed on your computer.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click on ABBYY FineReader 14 and select Uninstall.
- Request the last release of FineReader 14 by submitting a ticket to the ABBYY Support team.
- Install the program following the instructions of the Installation Wizard.
- Enable antivirus software.
- Launch FineReader 14.
If the error message still occurs we recommend adding the following folders to the exceptions folder of antivirus software installed on your computer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 14;
Note: the folder Program Data can be hidden. To show hidden folders consult the following link: Show hidden files
If the issue persists after the steps above, please contact ABBYY Support Team.