When ABBYY software is started the following error message appears: Error code 258.
If CCleaner software is installed on your computer, follow the steps below:
- Launch CCleaner.
- Click on Registry.
- Tick off ActiveX and Class Issues section to exclude it from scanning.
Important: do not tick on this option in the future to not clean files which are used in FineReader.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click onto ABBYY FineReader and select Modify and then Repair.
- Wait until the installation is completed.
- Launch FineReader and check if the issue persists.
If CCleaner is not installed on your machine, follow the steps from the article.
Article is closed for comments.